New Motor Vehicle Rules will be Implemented from October 1 as Notified by MoRTH recently.
New Motor Vehicle Rules will be implemented from October 1, 2020, as The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has issued a notification stating the same. The MoRTH has made various amendments to the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which resulted in these changes. As per them, it will be helpful for both Driver and the Authority to maintain records as the whole system will now be digitized and electronically monitored. To know more about the new changes read more.
The New Amendments that are made to the previous rules are:
- Documents related to vehicles like registration, license, Insurance need not be carried in physical form anymore.
- The details of driving licenses that are revoked by the licensing authority will be recorded and updated periodically in the portal (Applies to those who possess a valid physical lincense).
- The details recorded will be updated on a regular basis.
- E-challans will also be issued on the portal.
- Even the identity of the police officer in uniform or any other authorized personal by the State Government will also be recorded on the portal along with the date and time of inspection. Advertisement
- Drivers can maintain their documents by uploading on Central govt’s online portals like Digi-locker or m-Parivahan that are available on the App store.
- New rules also state that drivers can now use smartphones but only for route navigation purposes while driving and provided it shall not affect the concentration while driving.
These changes to take effect from October 1 as directed by MoRTH and were brought in by the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
Source- Guwahati Plus
Copyright (C) MotoTales NE. All Rights Reserved.
An Electronics Engineering graduate and with a passion for Automobiles a full-time Automotive Blogger.