The Citroen C5 Aircross for India has been revealed today and it will be the French Carmaker’s first product for India. New details of the SUV is out ahead of its launch next month. To be solely offered with a diesel engine and will have two variants – Feel and Shine.
- Citroen C5 Aircross is the first-ever product for India
- To be offered in two variants the base variant called the Feel and sitting on top called the Shine
- To get a single 2.0-litre diesel engine option producing 177HP and a claimed fuel economy of 18.6kpl
- Gets panoramic sunroof, reclining rear seats for 3 passengers, hands-free boot opening, parking assist and hydraulic cushion suspension
- Bookings to start by 1st week of March 2021
- To have an ex-showroom price of around Rs 30 lakh
- Will be sold exclusively via Citroen’s premium ‘La Maison’ dealerships situated across 10 locations in India
Citroen C5 Aircross Overview
The C5 Aircross as mentioned above is Citroen’s first product for India and will be brought in as a CKD unit which will be assembled locally in CK Birla facility in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. It’s a premium SUV that will rival up against the likes of the Volkswagen Tiguan and Hyundai Tucson. The C5 Aircross is focused on luxury, comfortable ride and space. When launched prices are expected to start from around Rs 30 lakh (ex-showroom).
The C5 Aircross will be sold via Citroën’s La Maison exclusive dealerships across 10 locations in India which will be further increased gradually with time as the French Carmaker introduce more cars in future. It will be assembled in CK Birla Facility and the first few models have rolled out of the facility as announced by the Car maker recently.
The C5 Aircross is not expected to sell in large numbers as of now, although Citroën is hopeful for a better future in the Indian car market with its made-in-India models under its ‘C-Cubed’ programme. Full localisation is planned for these models for competitive pricing.
Citroen C5 Aircross Variants
Citroën C5 Aircross will be offered in two variants – Feel and Shine while both will be equipped with lots of goodies but the top-spec Shine will be fully loaded. Let’s now have a look at what is on offer in its variants.
Citroen C5 Aircross Feel Variant
- Halogen headlights with LED DRLs
- Automatic headlights and wipers
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lights for both front and rear
- Gets an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Gets 6 speaker sound system
- 12.3-inch customisable digital instrument cluster
- Hands-free parking assist
- Electronically adjustable Driver seat
- Keyless entry and exit
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Cruise control
- Electronic parking brake
- Power folding and heated ORVMs
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Hydraulic cushion suspension
- Puddle lamps for doors
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Drive modes with traction control
- 6 airbags as standard
- Electronic Stability Program
- Hill-descent control and hill-start assist
- Rearview camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
Citroen C5 Aircross Shine Variant
Features in addition the C5 Aircross Feel Variant
- Full LED headlight and taillights
- Large Panoramic Sunroof
- Hands-free tailgate opening
Besides the design which is attractive to look at the most important factor of the car is its comfortable ride on offer and the rear seating configuration. The C5 Aircross rear bench seat is specially designed to accommodate 3 passengers with individual seats that can be individually folded or reclined as per the requirement of the passenger, which is first in a class feature. There is a downside to this as the rear seats don’t have any armrest on offer. There is also hydraulic cushion suspension to make the ride much plusher both at the front and rear.
Citroen C5 Aircross Specifications
Talking about engine and gearbox options, the C5 Aircross SUV gets only a single powertrain option. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine that makes 177HP and 400Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and power will be sent only to the front wheels. Yes, it will only be offered in front-wheel-drive configuration and no all-wheel-drive option is available. However, there is good news as Citroën claims that the SUV will have an ARAI certified fuel-efficiency of 18.6kpl.
Coming to the dimensions it has a length of 4,500mm, 1,969mm width of 1,969mm and has a height of 1,710mm Aircross and has a wheelbase of 2,730mm. Comparing to its Hyundai rival its bigger than the Tucson in every aspect, the C5 Aircross is 20mm longer, 119mm wider, 50mm taller than the Tucson. While standard luggage capacity on the C5 is 580 litres it can be expanded up to massive 1,630 litres by folding the rear seats.
The Citroën C5 Aircross is focused primarily on comfort will come equipped with a Progressive Hydraulic Cushion suspension system that is tuned to absorb every sort of bumps and uneven condition on the roads to provide a much better cabin experience.
Citroen C5 Aircross India launch, Price and Rivals.
The C5 Aircross is expected to launch by end of March 2021 in India. Bookings to start by the first week of March and the prices are expected to be around Rs 30 lakh ex-showroom.
The SUV will be sold via Citroens’s La Maison dealerships which have currently been open across 10 locations in India. The SUV also gets a 3-year/1 lakh km of warranty, along with roadside assistance.
Once launch it will rival up against the likes of Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Taigun.
Copyright (C) MotoTales NE. All Rights Reserved.
An Electronics Engineering graduate and with a passion for Automobiles a full-time Automotive Blogger.