2021 Tata Safari Scheduled to launch on 22 February will be available in total of Six variants
2021 Tata Safari has been unveiled and booking for it has commenced recently for an amount of Rs 30,000. The new Tata Safari is the flagship SUV and scheduled to launch on February 22, 2021. The New 2021 Safari will be offered in six variants and here we will discuss in detail all the variants, so keep reading to know more.
- New Tata Safari will be launched on February 22 and available in six variants
- To get only a single diesel engine that powers the Tata Harrier
- Will be available in only front-wheel-drive option at the time of launch
- Based on Land Rover-derived Omega Arc platform on which the Tata Harrier was also made on
- New Tata Safari will be available in 6 trim levels namely – XE, XM, XT, XT+, XZ and XZ+
2021 Tata Safari Design
The 2021 Tata Safari exterior design is similar to that of Tata Harrier with which it shares the Omega Arc Platform and 2.0L Kyrotech Diesel Engine. Overall design from the front to the C-Pillar is the same as that of Harrier except the new Safari gets a differently styled grille. Most of the visible differences are after the C-Pillar which includes elements like long rear overhang for that extra seating option, a stepped-up roof (style element seen on previous generation model and also for more headroom for last row), restyled taillights and Roof Rails with chrome inserts to name a few.
Coming to the interior of the new Safari the layout is mostly similar to the Harrier’s except there is an additional third row of seating. Also The New Safari comes with six and seven-seat options which means the 6-seater gets captain seats for the middle row and the 7-seater version gets a bench-type seat. Also, it gets a new lighter interior for a more premium and luxury feel.
Engine and Gearbox options
The 2021 Tata Safari will be powered by a single-engine option- a 2.0L Kyrotec turbo-diesel engine making 170HP and 350Nm of torque. Gearbox options on the New Tata Safari will be a 6-speed manual or 6-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Currently, the Safari will only be offered with a front-wheel-drive option but the Land Rover derived Omega architecture platform that it is built on was designed for a 4×4 drive system so Tata Motors may bring in a 4×4 variant in near future just like the discontinued Tata Safari Storme and Tata Hexa gets.
Lets now look in details the price and features offered on the trims that new 2021 Tata Safari will be available.
2021 Tata Safari XE Trim Features (Rs 14.69 lakh)
- Powertrain options- 2.0 L Kyrotech Diesel with 6-Speed Manual.
- Dual front airbags as standard
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering
- Seating Options- 7-Seater only
- ESP(Electronic Stability Program)
- Hill-hold assist as standard
- Roll-over mitigation function
- Traction control
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Rear parking sensors
- Central locking system
- All Power Windows
- Halogen Projector headlights
- LED DRLs which also work as turn indicators.
- Roof rails as standard
- 60:40 split seat with folding and recline function for the second row
- Boss mode
- 50:50 split function for third row
- AC vents and control function for third row Advertisement
- Charging function for 2nd and 3rd row.
2021 Tata Safari XM/XMA Trim Features (Rs 16.00 -Rs 17.25 lakh)
Features over XE trim
- Powertrain Option- 2.0 L Kyrotech Diesel engine
- Front fog lamps
- Rear washer wiper
- Drive Mode Selector- Eco, City & Sport
- Remote Centrol Locking function
- Follow Me Home front headlights
- Rear Parking Sensors with Display
- Floating type 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 6 speakers audio system- 4 Speakers and 2 Tweeters.
- Steering mounted controls
- Driver’s seat height adjust function
- Electronically operated ORVMs.
2021 Tata Safari XT Trim Features (Rs 17.45 lakh)
All Features in addition to XM trim
- Premium Soft touch materials for Dashboard
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Auto-dimming function for inside rearview mirror (IRVM)
- Rear parking camera with guidelines
- Automatic climate controls
- Automatic headlights and wipers function
- 18-inch alloy wheels as standard
- Power folding and adjustable rearview mirror
- Keyless entry and exit
- Ambient lighting for interior
- 8 speakers Audio system.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity feature
- Tata’s iRA connected car tech
- Cruise control
- Rear seat armrest
2021 Tata Safari XT+ Trim Features (Rs 18.25 lakh)
Features over XT Trim
- Panoramic sunroof
2021 Tata Safari XZ/XZA Trim Features (Rs 19.15 -Rs 20.40 lakh)
Features over XT Trim
- Xenon HID headlights with auto function
- Front fog lights with a cornering function
- 6 Airbags including Side and curtain airbags
- Hill-descent control function
- Electronic parking brake with Auto hold function
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Signature white interior colour option
- 18-inch machined alloy wheels
- Terrain Response Modes
- 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment screen with connectivity
- 9-speaker high-quality JBL audio system
- 7.0-inch digital display in the instrument cluster
- Premium Leatherette upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.
- 6-way power-adjustable function for driver seat
- Sharkfin Antenna
2021 Tata Safari XZ+/XZA+ (Rs 19.99 -Rs 21.25 lakh)
- Available as both 6 Seater and 7 Seater
- Panoramic sunroof feature
2021 Tata Safari XZ+ Adventure Persona Edition (Rs 20.20-Rs 21.45 lakh)
Features over the XZ+/XZA+
- Brown leatherette for interior upholstery
- Dual-tone interior colour scheme with piano black and dark coloured trim inserts inside
- Dark theme on the exterior with 18-inch charcoal grey machined alloy wheels
- Piano black grille, door handles, roof rails
- Skid Plates with charcoal grey colour
New Tata Safari Rivals
Upon launch of New Safari, it will rival up against other 6 and 7-seater SUVs currently sold in India, like the current generation Mahindra XUV500, MG Hector Plus and upcoming Hyundai Creta-based 7-seater SUV which will be called Alcazar.
Copyright (C) MotoTales NE. All Rights Reserved.
An Electronics Engineering graduate and with a passion for Automobiles a full-time Automotive Blogger.