For 2021 MG Hector is now available in 3 variants, three seating configurations, four-engine and gearbox options.
The MG Hector range has seen significant updates for 2021. We were able to see some cosmetic changes and feature updates in the 5-seater version of the Hector and 6-Seater Hector Plus but it does not end there. MG Motor India has also introduced a 7-seater version of the Hector Plus thus adding a new variant to the Hector line-up.
Here is all the important details that you need to know about the 2021 MG Hector Variants, engine options, gearbox options, seating configuration and more important facts.
- 2021 MG Hector line-up is available in a total of 23 variants and four trim levels.
- There are four engine and gearbox options.
- Hector Plus gets a new 7-seat variant to its range.
2021 MG Hector 5-Seater Prices
Rs 12.90 Lakh
Rs 14.21 Lakh
Rs 13.89 Lakh
Rs 15.31 Lakh
Super Hybrid MT
Rs 14.40 Lakh
Rs 16.92 Lakh
Smart Hybrid MT
Rs 15.66 Lakh
Rs 16.42 Lakh
Rs 18.33 Lakh
Sharp Hybrid MT
Rs 17.00 Lakh
Sharp Hybrid MT Dual Tone
Rs 17.20 Lakh
Sharp MT Dual Tone
Rs 18.53 Lakh
Rs 18.00 Lakh
Sharp DCT Dual Tone
Rs 18.20 Lakh
2021 MG Hector Style Base Model Details (Rs 12.90-14.21 lakh)
- Comes with Dual front airbags
- Powertrain options– 1.5L petrol Manual, 2.0L diesel Manual
- Traction control
- Electronic stability program
- Hill-hold assist
- All-wheel disc brakes
- Rear parking sensors
- Rear defogger with washer-wiper
- ISOFIX child-seat mounts
- Three-point seatbelts for all passengers
- Height adjustable front seatbelts
- Halogen projector headlights with LED DRLs
- 17-inch steel wheels with wheel covers
- Roof rails
- Power adjustable ORVM with indicator.
- 3.5-inch MID (Multi-Information Display) in the instrument cluster
- Fabric seat
- Manual air conditioner
- Rear AC vents
- Tilt-adjustable steering wheel
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Reclinable rear seat
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Front and rear armrests
- All Power windows
- Keyless entry
- Front and rear USB charging ports
- Cooled glove box
- Four Speaker Audio system with Bluetooth and USB compatibility
MG Hector Super Trim Details (Rs 13.89-15.31 Lakh)
Features in addition to the Style trim
- Powertrain options – 1.5L petrol Manual, 1.5L mild-hybrid petrol Manual, 2.0L diesel Manual
- Front Parking sensors
- Rear camera
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- All LED headlights and taillights
- LED rear fog lights
- Front Fog lights with cornering function
- Cruise control
- Rear AC controls
- Updated 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Four Speakers with two tweeters for better audio
- Steering-mounted audio controls
2021 MG Hector Smart Trim Details (Rs 15.66-16.92 Lakh)
- Comes with Dual front and side airbags
Powertrain options – 1.5L mild-hybrid petrol manual, 1.5L petrol-DCT, 2.0L diesel manual
Electronic parking brake (with DCT)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Auto-dimming IRVM (inside rear-view mirror)
- Front LED Fog Lights
- Large 18-inch alloy wheels with a dual-tone design
- MG iSmart connectivity tech
- Dual-tone interiors option for diesel variants
- Premium leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leatherette seat upholstery
- Wireless phone charger
- Six-way electronically adjustable driver’s seat
- Start/Stop Button.
- Power folding and adjustable ORVM.
- Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel
- Premium Infinity Audio system with Four-speaker and four-tweeter
MG Hector Sharp Trim Details (Rs 17.00-18.33 lakh)
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Powertrain options – 1.5L mild-hybrid petrol manual, 1.5L petrol-DCT, 2.0L diesel Manual
- 360-degree camera system
- Heated ORVMs
- Ambient lighting
- 7.0-inch colour MID
- Front ventilated seats
- Power adjustable co-driver seat (not available in mild-hybrid variants)
- Large Panoramic sunroof
- Powered rear tailgate
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Automatic headlights and wipers
These were the details of the Hector 5-seater Variants. Now coming to the Hector Plus variants features which are in addition to the 5-seater variants, despite having different seating configuration than the standard Hector, the Hector Plus gets some design changes on both exterior and interior to make it look different than the standard model. The main differences between the 6 and 7 seat version are the seating configuration where the 6-seater gets captain seats for middle row whereas 7-seater gets a bench seat
2021 MG Hector Plus Style (Rs 13.35-14.66 lakh)
Powertrain options – 1.5L petrol manual, 2.0L diesel manualAdvertisement
- 7 seats with beach seat for the middle row
- Powertrains Options – 1.5L petrol manual, 2.0L diesel manual
AC vents for all three rows
- USB charging ports for all the rows of seating
- All LED headlights and taillights
2021 MG Hector Plus Super Trim (Rs 14.85-16.00 lakh)
- Powertrain option– 1.5L mild-hybrid petrol manual, 2.0L diesel manual.
- Seating configuration – available with both 6 and 7 seat configuration
There are no other major equipment difference in the mid-spec Super Trim of 2021 MG Hector Plus Variant other than the seating configuration. The equiment list is similar to the Super Trim of the MG Hector.
MG Hector Plus Smart Trim (Rs 17.12-17.62 lakh)
- Powertrain options – 1.5L petrol with DCT gearbox, 2.0L diesel manual
- Seating options – comes with both 6 and 7 seating options
The feature list of Hector and Hector Plus Smart trim is similar with just difference in seating configuration.
2021 MG Hector Plus Select Trim (Rs 18.33 lakh)
- Powertrain options – 2.0L diesel manual transmission
- Seating options – 7 seater
- 18-inch alloy wheels
The Select trim is only offered with 7 Seater verion of MG Hector Plus. The features and tech offered is similar to the 5-seater Hector Sharp variant but few features like powered tailgate, large MID and ambient interior lighting.
MG Hector Plus Sharp (Rs 17.75-19.13 lakh)
- Powertrain option – 1.5L mild-hybrid petrol manual, 1.5L petrol DCT grearbox, 2.0L diesel manual transmission
- Seating options – 6 seater
- All LED lightings
- Large infotainment display
- Powered tailgate with hands-free function
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
So these are some of the details of 2021 MG Hector Facelift Variants. Also the MG Hector rivals up against current Mahindra XUV 500, Tata Harrier, Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and Nissan Kicks. While the MG Hector Plus will rival up against the likes of new Tata Safari, Nex Gen XUV 500 and 7-Seater version of Hyundai Creta.
Copyright (C) MotoTales NE. All Rights Reserved.
An Electronics Engineering graduate and with a passion for Automobiles a full-time Automotive Blogger.